How 3D Printing Services are Revolutionizing Industry
Conceptualized in the mid 80’s as a means of producing inexpensive, high-quality products, it is only in the second decade of the twenty first century that 3D printing services have really taken off. As a technology, it has been touted by such media outlets as Forbes and the Washington Post as one of the greatest advancements in modern engineering technology. But what exactly is 3D printing and how does it affect the average individual?
At Halo Technologies, based in West Palm Beach, Florida we are pushing the boundaries of 3D printing and additive manufacturing both as a technology and a 3d printing company. It’s more than just toys and trinkets — it’s about providing real solutions to real problems to customers in West Palm Beach, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and world wide.
Your Dedicated Service Provider
As a service provider in the 3d printing industry, we strive to keep in communication with our customers and deliver a superior product. For more information about our services, check out our services page. We don’t just serve in 3d printing, but also specialize in 3d scanning, CNC machining, injection molding and more!
Understanding 3D Printing
3D printing services have only recently become available to the general public. Before the last decade, the price of using 3D prototyping via computer aided drawing (CAD) design was prohibitive to such an extent that only a few companies in the world could even dream of installing the technology for their use. Even so, the hardware was experimental at best, meaning that it was unlikely that what was designed would be what was created.
The modern methods of 3D printing have largely combatted these shortcomings and have managed to streamline the process. The availability of raw materials and the decreasing price of hardware means that 3D printing services are likely to be around for a very long time to come. This can have a significant impact on the way companies do business because of the benefits that 3D printing technology can offer to manufacturers. At Halo Technologies, we are exploring the boundaries of 3D Printing in West Palm Beach, FL and all of South Florida.
What a 3D Printing Company Can Do for You
The methodology behind getting a piece of hardware to work properly hinges on how well that piece of hardware is designed. 3D printing is more than just the creation of designed objects. The entire scope of 3D printing services encompasses a number of different subcategories such as:
- 3D Scanning: 3D scanning takes an area or an object and translates it into a digital form which can then be manipulated to produce a final model.
- Prototyping: A prototype serves as the base design from which all other designs are made. Developing a prototype that can be scaled economically is one of the key aspects of partnering with a 3D printing service.
- CAD Design: The bread-and-butter of a 3D printer is its ability to transform models from CAD suites into physical manifestations of these models.
The Economic Benefits of 3D Printing
Thanks to the marvels of 3D printing, an individual can easily benefit from the reduced cost of production via 3D printing solutions, something that was previously only an option for larger companies that could afford to buy their own 3D printers. Among the many positive aspects that 3D printing brings to the table are:
- Reduced Lead Times: Properly designing and testing a piece of hardware can take a lot of time. Each design change requires a new iteration to be created and subjected to testing before weaknesses can be pinpointed and addressed. 3D printing makes it a lot quicker to make changes and get prototypes for testing out the door. This results in a drastically reduced lead time in the production workflow.
- Decreased production costs: The manufacturing process of certain bits of hardware can be very economically stressful. Utilizing modern 3D printing techniques, production cost can be massively reduced making the final product more profitable as a result.
- Optimized Iterations: Each change in a product can take a lot of time to verify and test and as a result the final production time for a piece of hardware can run into a handful of years. 3D printing deals with optimizing iterations, making each prototype better than the one before and cutting down the overall time needed to improve on a particular product.
- Maximized profits: The profit margin increases as the cost of production goes down, that’s just basic economics. 3D printer technology enables an individual to reduce the production cost of certain items by such a degree that the service almost pays for itself.
The Future of Industry for 3D Printing Companies
Most engineers in the field of design have come to the conclusion that 3D printing is the way forward for the industry. A skilled 3D printing company can be an asset to any sort of developer simply by the benefits they provide to individuals through reduced cost and much improved manufacturing and testing cycles. If you’re an individual that is looking to partner with an innovative company that solves problems creatively, don’t hesitate to contact Halo Technologies today to find out more about how we can help you, the individual, experience the glory of 3D printing. Halo Technologies originates from West Palm Beach, FL, but we can serve anyone from anywhere in-person and virtually.