- 3D Batch Control- 3D Batch control is a program that gives users more control over the quality, pricing and orientation of multi-unit orders. It allows you to visualize the final product and figure which resolution they want.
- 3D Bioplotter- The 3D-Bioplotter System is a 3D Bioprinter for processing a wide range of biomaterials from 3D CAD models.
- 3D Bioprinter-A 3D Bioprinter uses 3D printing technology with materials that include living cells.
- 3D Bioprinting- 3D printing is the process of making cell like patterns in a certain space incorporating 3D printing technologies.
- 3D Printing-the process of designing and making a physical object from a three-dimensional digital model that is printed.
- 3D Printshow- A 3D printing event held in different countries where different 3D designs are displayed in a convention style.
- 3D Sand Casting- 3D sand casting is a metal casting process which is characterized by using sand as the mold material.
- 3D Systems Corporation- 3D Systems provides 3D printers, print materials, software, on-demand manufacturing services, and healthcare solutions.
- 3DCrafter- 3DCrafter is a free software which is used to create and model products.
- 3DLT- 3DLT is a as-service platform for 3D printing, which helps companies with online ordering.
- 3Doodler- A pen like utensil that allows for someone to draw a 3D figure in the air.
- 3DS Max- 3Ds Max is a software that allows 3D designs to be modeled and detailed.
- 3DTin- 3DTin is a modeling tool that is simple for the creator to use.
- ABS M30- ABS M30 is a FDM thermoplastic that allows the user to prototype artifacts. ABS M30 comes in six different colors.
- ABS-ESD7- ABS-ESD7 is a thermoplastic material that holds form and texture in a wide range of temperatures.
- ABSi- ABSi is one of the Fortus 3D Production Systems FDM materials. It allows engineers to design and make real industrial thermoplastic parts.
- ABSplus- ABSplus is a thermoplastic that is up to 40% stronger than standard ABS material.
- AC3D- A 3D software that allows users the design and edit 3D graphics.
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)- ABS is an ideal material when superlative surface quality, colorfastness and luster are required. It is mainly used for 3D printing.
- Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate (ASA)- ASA is a thermoplastic material, further classified as a styrenic plastic.
- Additive Manufacturing- Also known as 3D printing
- Additive Metal Manufacturing (AMM)- 3D printing using metal instead of thermoplastic. Usually used to make working parts.
- Airwolf 3D- Airwolf 3D is a company that produces 3D printers.
- Alumide – Alumide is a metallic grey, aluminium-filled polyamide 12 powder.It is characterised by its high stiffness, metallic appearance and good post processing possibilities
- Arcam- Arcam provides cost-efficient Additive manufacturing solutions for production of metal components.
- Art of Illusion- Art of Illusion is a free 3D modelling and rendering studio.
- AutoCAD- AutoCAD is a 3D design software that is used to prototype and design.
- Bed- Heat beds are the bottom,flat piece in a 3D printer that keeps the extruded plastic warm and prevents warping.
- Binder Jetting-Binder Jetting is an additive manufacturing process where a liquid binding agent is deposited to join powder particles.
- Biocompatible Polyjet Photopolymer (MED610)- Bio-Compatible photopolymer is a material ideal for applications that require long term skin contact of over 30 days and short term mucosal-membrane contact which is up to 24 hours.
- Bio-inert Hydrogel- The Bio- inert Hydrogel can be used for supports, as tissues are built up vertically to achieve three-dimensionality.
- Bio-Ink- multi-cellular building blocks
- BioAssembly Tool (BAT)- A 3D printer that prints with biomaterial.
- BioAssemblyBot (BAB)- The BioAssemblyBot (BAB) is to be the first 6-axis robotic arm for agile and advanced tissue biofabrication.
- Blender- Blender will generate triangles instead of quads, which is seen in many other softwares.
- Breakaway Support Technology (BST)- turn 3D CAD files into functional, durable 3D models that can be tested.
- BRL-CAD- BRL-CAD is a powerful open source cross-platform solid modeling system that has interactive geometry editing and high-performance ray-tracing.
- Catalyst- CatalystEX is an application designed to collaborate with Dimension 3D printers.
- Catia- CATIA has the ability not only to model any product, but to do so in the context of its real-life behavior.
- CGTrader – This platform allows designers to upload and either sell or share their 3D models with the community.
- Cheetah3D- is a 3D modeling, rendering and animation application that was developed from for Mac OS X.
- ChefJet- capable to 3D print food, mostly sugar.
- Choc Creator-is the world’s first commercial 3D chocolate printer.
- Choc Edge- Producer of 3D chocolate printers.
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC)- it converts the design produced by Computer Aided Design software, into numbers.
- Computer-aided Design (CAD)-A software that is used to create precision drawings or technical illustrations on a computer.
- Computer-aided Manufacturing (CAM)- using a software to control machine tools and relate in the manufacturing of workpieces.
- Concept Model- Concept modeling expands someone’s research by testing out more ideas and developing only the right projects .
- Cube- Cube is a company that includes 3D printers, print materials, software, on-demand manufacturing services, and healthcare solutions
- Cubify-Cubify is a hub where most anything 3D can be found. This includes custom 3D printed designs, printers, scanners, and software.
- Curing- Spray coating or flow coating techniques require low viscosity coatings that, in many cases, cannot be easily achieved using a 100% UV curable system.
- da Vinci 1.0- A 3D printer that allows users to scan and print 3D objects from one machine without prior experience with 3D modeling.
- da Vinci 1.0 All-in-One (AiO)- 3D printer that allows scanning and printing. It uses the software of xyzscan.
- da Vinci 2.0 duo- Creates detailed 3D models with this XYZ Printing.It features 2 extruders that allows the printing of two colors simultaneously
- Darwin- A 3D printable mini robot.
- Dental Photopolymers
- Digital Light Processing (DLP) Projection- a display device which is based on optical micro-electro-mechanical technology that uses a digital micromirror device.
- Direct Digital Manufacturing (DDM)- Direct Digital Manufacturing involves fabricating physical objects from a data file using computer-controlled processes with little to no human intervention.
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)-is a manufacturing technique that uses a carbon dioxide laser fired into a magnesium substrate to sinter powdered material (typically metal), aiming the laser automatically at points in space defined by a 3D model, binding the material together to create a solid structure.
- Directed Energy Deposition-Directed Energy Deposition uses a range of processes including : Laser engineered net shaping, directed light fabrication, direct metal deposition, 3D laser cladding.
- Discov3ry- The Discov3ry is a paste extruder that can be easily added to most 3D printers. It will expand the range of materials to include a wide range of pastes.
- Do It Yourself (DIY) 3D printers- A 3D printer that is made by someone using partially recycled parts.
- Drop On Demand (DOD)- is a broad classification of inkjet printing technology where drops are ejected from the print head only.
- Electron Beam Freeform Fabrication (EBF3)-is a process that uses an electron beam gun, a dual wire feed and computer controls to manufacture metallic structures for building parts or tools in hours, rather than days or weeks.
- Electron Beam Melting (EBM)- processes fully dense metal components that are built up, melted by a powerful electron beam. Each layer is melted to fit the dimensions of a CAD model.
- Envisiontec- provides a functional solution to industries that need quality, productivity and cost-effective manufacturing.
- Extrude- Stretches beads of material in order to form layers.
- Extruder-is the part of a 3D printer that will eject material in a liquid or semi-liquid form to deposit it in multiple layers within the 3D object.
- Fab@Home- was the first multi-material 3D printer that was available to the public. It was also one of the first to open-source DIY 3D printers.
- Filament- the material that is used in a 3D printer in order to make the 3D object.
- Foodini- A 3D printer that prints food. It is intended for household usage.
- Form 1-
- Form 1+- A 3D printer that produces an accurate model with a detailed intricacy better than most 3D printers.
- Formlabs- A 3D printer producing company. It is the company that manufactures the Form 1 and Form 2.
- FreeCAD-is a 3D modeler that is used primarily to design real-life objects of any size.
- Frog- A 3D printer manufacturing company. Some of their printers include the Bolt and XEED.
- Functional Prototype – A model that actually works like the actual part that it is modeling.
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)- an additive manufacturing technology that is commonly used for modeling, prototyping, and production.
- Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)-is a 3D printing process that uses a continuous filament of a thermoplastic material.
- G-Code- defines where the machine needs to move, how fast and what path to follow.
- Geomagic Design- makes comprehensive and robust mechanical CAD design solutions, allowing ideas to go from concept through to manufacturing and production for anyone.
- Geomagic Design Elements
- Granular Materials Binding- is the selective fusing of materials in a granular bed.
- Hackerspace-is a workspace where people, in the community, with common interests, often in computers, machining, technology, science, digital art or electronic art, can meet,and collaborate their ideas.
- Hardening- The process of making a liquid a solid and strengthening it.
- Heated Bed- A printbed with a heating mechanism in order to prevent the base of a 3D printed part from cooling and shrinking too quickly.
- Hot End-The parts of the extruder that are able to get hot enough to melt plastic.
- Hyrel 3D- A 3D printer production company that began based on a terrible experience with purchasing their own 3D printer.
- Hyrel Engine- A 3D printer that allows the user to work with numerous materials, including Clay, Plasticine, Sugru, Silicone RTV, porcelain, ABS, PLA,
- Hyrel System 30- A 3D printer that protects your builds from outside environmental changes and like the Engine allows you to use numerous materials including Clay, Plasticine, Sugru, Silicone RTV, porcelain, ABS, PLA, Nylon, NinjaFlex, FilaFlex.
- I.materialise- An online store that allows people to have their 3D designs printed and sell their designs.
- Injection Molding- the process of shaping rubber or plastic articles by injecting heated material into a mold.
- Inkjet Bioprinting
- Inventor- A 3D design CAD software that is used by many engineers and students.
- Kapton Tape-is used to improve 3D print adhesion it also prevents warping but mostly in combination with ABS filament.
- Kudos 3D- A 3D printer producer company. They are known for their Titan 1 and Titan 2 3D printers
- Laminated Object Manufacture (LOM)-is a method of 3D printing where layers of plastic or paper are fused together using heat and pressure in order to form a 3D object.
- Laser Engineered Net Shaping (LENS)- uses a high-power laser to fuse metals into fully dense three-dimensional structures.
- Laser Powder Forming-a rapid prototyping services that uses a high power laser in order to melt metallic powder into a pool along the build surface.
- Laser-Assisted Bioprinting-Laser- Assisted Bioprinting-Laser makes it possible to print cells and liquid materials with a resolution that is cell level.
- LaserCUSING- Laser melting using metals.
- Layer Plastic Deposition (LPD)-3D printer in which the extruder applies the material precisely on a heated platform layer after layer.
- Laywood-3D- A wooden filament that can be used in 3D printing to give a wooden look.
- M3D- A 3D printer producing company best known for their Micro 3D Printer.
- Makerbot Industries- A 3D printer company best known for their Replicator and Replicator mini.
- Makerjuice Labs-a high quality printing resin for making jewelry, dental, and engineering models.
- Nylon, NinjaFlex, FilaFlex.